These may be the best cookies I’ve ever made. Actually they might be the best cookies I’ve ever tasted! Seriously, I don’t have a big sweet tooth. I can pretty much eat one cookie and I’m set. These were gone by the end of the next day.
Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
Yield: about 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips(or chunks)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs and salt and mix well
- Stir in 1 1/4 cup flour and baking soda. Add a little more flour if it looks too wet.
- Stir in chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake about 10 minutes (remove when edges are golden brown and you’re not totally sure the center is done)
- Remove from baking sheet to cool*
*This is where I would say to cool them on a wire rack, but I don’t have one so I just put them on a plate. Nothing terrible happens, although they sometimes stick together a bit.